Leasify was founded in 2015 with the objective of digitizing the leasing industry and helping companies with procurement and better agreements for corporate leasing. Over the years, the company’s service has evolved into an ecosystem for leasing.
– When the new accounting standard IFRS 16 was introduced in 2019, we saw an opportunity to also help our customers get their K3 and IFRS 16 reports in order. That’s when we started to create a more digital service and switched to a SaaS business model, says Claes Ivarsson, CEO of Leasify.
Rapidly growing customer base
By adding IFRS 16 and K3 reporting to its service, Leasify also gained a different customer segment. From working with small and medium-sized businesses, they now focus on publicly traded companies and growth companies.
– The interest in our service has increased year by year, and the number of customers is growing rapidly.
An important success factor is that we have put a lot of energy into moving our development in-house. It has been crucial for us to own our own product development, says Claes Ivarsson and continues:
– Thanks to our developers, we have been able to build the service exactly as we want it. Since we are a small company, it is important to find the right people to create a good team, which we have done.
Leasify has continued to build its team and develop its service throughout 2022. At the same time, the company has put a lot of focus on its partnership collaborations.
– Through our partners, we have started doing business in the rest of Europe, and that has been very significant for us. Our service also works internationally, so we can help companies operating in several different countries. We are currently planning for our next market and primarily expanding in the Nordic region.
Claes Ivarsson describes 2022 as a groundbreaking year for Leasify. A major focus during the year for the company was to reach the break-even level – and they did so by mid-year.
– Our goal was to be able to cover our own costs, which we succeeded in doing. We increased our revenue by a full 40 percent compared to 2021.
”We will focus on growing our business”
This year, Leasify is not planning any funding rounds and the company will focus on standing on its own two feet.
– We will make new additions to the team and focus on growing our business, both in Sweden and internationally. Above all, we will continue to further develop our service with new functionalities. Our development is constantly happening in dialogue with our customers so that we can best meet their needs.